Senior Automotive Engineer
February 3rd, 2023
Location: Stuttgart (Germany), Lund (Sweden)
About the job position and Terranet
Terranet is looking for a talented Senior Automotive Engineer to strengthen our product development activities. You will be designing, implementing, and integrating our product components into automotive platforms.
Terranet’s mission is to make urban traffic safer and save lives of vulnerable road users. We would like you to join our journey to fulfill this mission.
Terranet is developing a next-generation advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) based on scanning lasers and event cameras connected to a powerful compute unit and cutting edge AI-based object perception software. Our unique patented invention is up to ten times faster than any other collision detection system on the market today.
We recently started the implementation of our product prototype which is planned to be road tested on vehicles during 2023. We are located in Lund (Sweden) and Stuttgart (Germany). The company is listed on Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market since 2017.
In your role as Senior Automotive Engineer at Terranet you will work on some of the toughest technical challenges in the automotive and mobility domain. You will be working on the lowest level of our system where we are directly battling with the limits of physics. You will be working on the entire spectrum of product development, starting from conceptualization, modeling, and simulation, to prototyping and laboratory testing, as well as product integration that meets automotive requirements. Thriving in this environment requires dedication and passion for finding creative solutions to technical challenges and an aptitude for teamwork.
Does this sound like you? Then we can offer you career opportunities in a modern, creative, innovative workplace with challenging tasks. We hope that you will learn as much from us as we will from you.
Your Background and Experience
- You have a degree (BS, MS) in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Automotive Technology, Electronics Engineering, or similar or equivalent practical experience
- You have already successfully applied methods for industrialized integration and validation of systems for series production, e.g., building and integrating components into advanced driver assistance systems
- You are familiar with automotive safety principles and requirements according to ASIL, ISO26262, LV124, and others.
- Ideally you have worked in/for the automotive industry for many years and came in touch with different electronic sensors and actuators
- You have solid practical skills in designing, developing, integrating, and testing software component for the automotive industry.
- You know what it takes to get from an early lab prototype to an industrial-grade automotive qualified component.
- You know the different vehicle communication architectures, vehicle bus systems, automotive software standards, and software patterns of modern vehicle architectures.
- Ideally you bring in a solid knowledge in design and integration of automotive grade software components, vehicle bus systems, communication protocols, and industry standards .
- As an ideal candidate you have a good understanding of automotive standards, software, and interfaces, e.g. ECUs, CAN bus, Flexray, AUTOSAR, Automotive Ethernet, etc.
- You have a hands-on mentality and are action-oriented rather than process-oriented, your are practical rather than theoretical.
- You will contribute to the design, implementation and integration of hardware and low-level software components into automotive platforms, including E/E architectures, communication interfaces, and protocols
- You make sure that our product and all its components comply with automotive standards, ASIL functional safety, ISO26262 standards, LV124 requirements, etc.
- You support your engineering team in turning early lab prototypes into automotive/industrial-grade A and B samples
- You will follow modern and established hardware and software development processes and tools (Jira, Git, etc.)
- You will become a core member of our product development team and boost the development of both hardware and embedded software components.
- You share and execute our product vision and roadmap to contribute to our success together
What you can expect
A challenging, highly dynamic, and motivating înternational startup like work environment awaits you at Terranet. We empower you in your career journey by providing a platform to participate and publish your work in various conferences and technical events. At Terranet, we value respect, empathy, and open-mindedness. We offer a team-oriented work culture with a lot of creative freedom to develop ideas and realize them.
What are you waiting for?
Join us in shaping the future of mobility and road safety. Tell us who you are and let us know why you want to join by sending us your CV, Cover Letter and LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org today! Mark your application with the Ad ID: BVSAE-LS-2305A.