Technologies for self-driving cars – an increasing demand
Advanced technologies for autonomous vehicles, primarily self-driving cars, is one of the fastest growing industries today. Newly manufactured vehicles are already equipped with such technology. Speed control and automatic brakes are standard features. Despite that, we have only seen the very beginning of the self-driving era. By 2050, the industry is expected to be worth $7,000 bn, according to Intel*. TerraNet provides positioning and collision warning technologies which will be crucial for development towards fully autonomous vehicles.
Advanced driver assistance software
We are constantly refining our strategy to follow developments in the industry. Since 2018, when the strategy was consolidated around ADAS systems and supporting technology for autonomous vehicles, we have continuously initiated collaborations and partnerships with global players. TerraNet’s customers are found amongst global OEM car manufacturers and their tier-1 component suppliers of active safety systems. Our products are distributed via a licensing business model. In addition, TerraNet provides system integration and engineering services within active safety.
TerraNet develops positioning and localization software and features, with low latency, high accuracy, low power and high bandwidth for self-driving fleets, trucks and buses. Through agile software development of key technologies, we are able to meet future industry needs.
TerraNet’s business strategy
The business strategy consists of four components:
- Inhouse product development with the objective to develop products that will generate future license revenues. The majority of all innovation projects should consist of collaborations with partners to strengthen market position.
- Delivery of consultancy services and system integration projects of ADAS systems, the area where we generate revenue today.
- Product development in collaboration with the customer. Potential patents and rights of use of the technology are shared between both parties. This generates direct revenues from consultancy services and from future licenses.
- Product sales. TerraNet’s software will be productized in the near future. This will generate revenues from both licenses and consulting services for entertainment, maintenance and customization.
TerraNet follows the recommendation to apply silent periods and thus does not organize meetings with the press, media, investors, analysts and other capital market participants over a period of 30 days before the publication of a quarterly report.The company responds only to questions of a general nature during the silent period.
November 29th – Interim report January-September
February 28th – Year-end report 2019
The Board of Directors consists of five Directors, all with extensive experience from the vehicle- and telecom industry.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +46 72 70 95 601
* Konrad, K., & Wangler, L. U. (2018). Tailor-made technology: The stretch of frugal innovation in the truck industry. Procedia Manufacturing, 19, 10-17.
Subscribe to our pressreleases
Subscribe to our newsletter