Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Lund / Sweden
Embedded Software Engineer
Ad ID: BVEBSW-L-2305A
About the job position and Terranet
Terranet is looking for a talented Embedded Software Engineer to strengthen our product development activities. You will be designing, implementing and testing embedded software components for our product BlincVision.
Terranet’s mission is to make urban traffic safer and save lives of vulnerable road users. We would like you to join our journey to fulfill this mission.
Terranet is developing a next-generation advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) based on scanning lasers and event cameras connected to a powerful compute unit and cutting edge AI-based object perception software. Our unique patented invention is up to ten times faster than any other collision detection system on the market today.
We recently started the implementation of our product prototype which is planned to be road tested on vehicles during 2023. We are located in Lund (Sweden) and Stuttgart (Germany). The company is listed on Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market since 2017.
In your role as Embedded Software Engineer at Terranet you will work on some of the toughest technical challenges in the automotive and mobility domain. You will be working on the lowest level of our system where we are directly battling with the limits of physics. You will be working on the entire spectrum of product development, starting from conceptualization, modeling, and simulation, to prototyping and laboratory testing, as well as product integration that meets automotive requirements. Thriving in this environment requires dedication and passion for finding creative solutions to technical challenges and an aptitude for teamwork.
Does this sound like you? Then we can offer you career opportunities in a modern, creative, innovative workplace with challenging tasks. We hope that you will learn as much from us as we will from you.
Your Background and Experience
- You have a degree (BS, MS) in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, Controls, Electronics Engineering, or similar or equivalent practical experience
- You have at least 3 years of experience developing high-quality embedded software, plus a dedication to continuous improvement
- You have significant working experience in the software and/or electronics industry, ideally with embedded systems.
- You have experience in designing, inspecting, testing, and updating software components and systems.
- Ideally you have worked in/for the automotive industry and came in touch with electronic sensors, laser modules, micro mirrors, or imaging cameras.
- Ideally you bring in a good knowledge in design and integration of automotive grade software components, vehicle bus systems, communication protocols, and industry standards .
- You have solid practical skills in designing and developing firmware and low-level driver software
- You have developed low-level software on embedded systems, ideally using C/C++ or Rust as programming language
- You know what it takes to get from a prototype to a stable and maintained software releases, following industry standards.
- Ideally you have specified, developed, and implemented communication interfaces between different vehicle systems and subsystems.
- As an ideal candidate you have a basic understanding of automotive standards, software, and interfaces, like ECUs, E/E, CAN, AUTOSAR, Automotive Ethernet, MOST, ISO 26262, and other standards.
- You have a hands-on mentality and are action-oriented rather than process-oriented, your are practical rather than theoretical.
- You are going to be a core member of our product development team and boost the development of both hardware and embedded software components.
- You will design and develop firmware and low-level software components in C/C++ or Rust in an agile environment.
- You will design, implement and execute test cases for unit and system-level tests.
- You will follow modern and established software development processes and tools (Jira, Git, etc.)
- You share and execute our product vision and roadmap to contribute to our success together
What you can expect
A challenging, highly dynamic, and motivating startup like work environment awaits you at Terranet. We empower you in your career journey by providing a platform to participate and publish your work in various conferences and technical events. At Terranet, we value respect, empathy, and open-mindedness. We offer a team-oriented work culture with a lot of creative freedom to develop ideas and realize them.
What are you waiting for?
Join us in shaping the future of mobility and road safety. Tell us who you are and let us know why you want to join by sending us your CV, Cover Letter and LinkedIn profile to email@example.com today! Mark your application with the Ad ID: BVEBSW-L-2305A.