- Lund (Sweden)
- Stuttgart (Germany)
About the job
Terranet is seeking innovative Opto-Mechanical Engineers to join our team to help designing, developing, and testing opto-mechanical components and subsystems of our next generation ultra-low latency automotive vision sensors. This will help save lives of vulnerable road users and make our roads safer.
From our offices in Lund (Sweden) and Stuttgart (Germany), Terranet is developing a next-generation ADAS system based on scanning lasers and event cameras coupled with a powerful compute platform and cutting edge AI software.
In your role as an Opto-Mechanical Engineer (m/f/d) at Terranet you will work on some of the toughest technical challenges in the automotive and mobility domain. You will be working on the lowest level of our system where we are directly battling with the limits of physics. Thriving in this environment requires a passion for finding creative solutions to technical challenges and an aptitude for teamwork.
Does this sound like you? Then we can offer you career opportunities in a modern, creative, innovative workplace with challenging tasks. We hope that you will learn as much from us as we will from you.
- You have a bachelors degree, masters degree, or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline
- You have already worked multiple years in the automotive or consumer electronics industry
- You are experienced working on ME designs in optics, mechanism, or mechatronics designs (opto-mechanical design & engineering), prototyping of mounted optics systems
- You have profound knowledge of materials and structural modeling/optimization, mechanical systems, and testing
- You are experienced in designing precision mechanisms and motion control
- You have hands-on experience in optical module design, including cameras and sensors
- Ideally you have a basic knowledge of mechanical prototyping, vibration analysis of electronics assemblies and thermal management of enclosures
What we are looking for
- You demonstrate an extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice
- You define functional, performance, interface, derived, etc. system engineering requirements, including environmental requirements definition and flow down to subsystems
- You enjoy working in a multidisciplinary team environment with a broad spectrum of responsibilities
You have the ability to work both independently and in highly collaborative startup environment
What you can expect
A challenging, highly dynamic, and motivating start-up like work environment awaits you at Terranet.
We offer flexible working hours with 30 vacation days per year.
We empower you in your career journey by providing a platform to participate and publish your work in various conferences and technical events.
At Terranet, we value respect, empathy, and open-mindedness. We offer a team-oriented work culture with a lot of creative freedom to develop ideas and realize them.
What are you waiting for?
Join us in shaping the future of mobility and road safety. Tell us who you are and let us know why you want to join by sending us your CV, Cover Letter and LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org today!