Lead AI Engineer
Location: Stuttgart (Germany), Lund (Sweden)
February 15th, 2023
About the job position and Terranet
Terranet is seeking for a senior Lead AI Engineer to join our team to help designing, developing, and testing our next generation ultra-low latency automotive vision system. This will help save lives of vulnerable road users and make our roads safer.
Terranet’s mission is to make urban traffic safer and save lives of vulnerable road users. We would like you to join our journey to fulfill this mission.
Terranet is developing a next-generation advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) based on scanning lasers and event cameras connected to a powerful compute unit and cutting edge AI-based object perception software. Our unique patented invention is up to ten times faster than any other collision detection system on the market today.
We recently started the implementation of our product prototype which is planned to be road tested on vehicles during 2023. We are located in Lund (Sweden) and Stuttgart (Germany). The company is listed on Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market since 2017.
In your role as the Lead AI Engineer you will work on some of the toughest technical challenges in the automotive and mobility domain. You will be working on the lowest level of our system where we are directly battling with the limits of physics. You will be working on the entire spectrum of product development, starting from conceptualization, modeling, and simulation, to prototyping and laboratory testing, as well as product integration that meets automotive requirements. Thriving in this environment requires dedication and passion for finding creative solutions to technical challenges and an aptitude for teamwork.
Does this sound like you? Then we can offer you career opportunities in a modern, creative, innovative workplace with challenging tasks. We hope that you will learn as much from us as we will from you.
Your Background and Experience
- a PhD or MS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or similar or equivalent practical experience.
- extensive prior experience with 3D geometry and optimization in constrained environments.
- a professional experience working with visual odometry or SLAM.
- ideally many years work experience in the automotive industry or tier one suppliers
- significant hands-on experience with training, analyzing and iteratively refining deep neural networks
- integrated AI-based software stacks e.g., building and integrating software components, into advanced driver assistance systems
- already successfully applied AI methods for automotive or industrial applications and integrated AI-based software stacks, e.g., building and integrating software components into advanced driver assistance systems
- excellent programming skills in Python, C/C++ and/or Java, including frameworks like Python ML frameworks (e.g., PyTorch, TensorFlow).
- significant hands-on experience with training, analyzing and iteratively refining deep neural networks.
- solid practical skills in designing, developing, integrating, and testing software component for the automotive industry.
- an understanding what it takes to get from an early lab prototype to an industrial-grade software component.
- a hands-on mentality and are action-oriented rather than process-oriented, you are practical rather than theoretical.
- worked with big data computation and storage tools to create prototypes and datasets
- proficiency in multiple AI tools and programming languages, as Python, Java, R, and machine learning frameworks, like Spark, TensorFlow, etc.
- profound practical skills in designing, developing, integrating, and testing software component for the automotive industry
- used repositories and collaborative project management tools, such as Jira, Gitlab, etc. as a part of your daily activities.
In your role as the lead AI engineer you will build-up and lead a small team of engineers working on computer vision, object perception algorithms, and training of neural networks.
- have an end-to-end responsibility for our automotive-grade object detection, perception and object tracking software.
- propose and execute technical decisions on algorithms, software architectures, and tooling.
- assign tasks and sprints to yourself and your machine learning team.
- perform research and testing to develop machine learning algorithms and predictive models for automotive computer vision.
- optimize and train neural learning models on an embedded/automotive compute platform to perform visual perception.
- design and optimize deep learning approaches in object detection, classification, segmentation, tracking, and spatio-temporal fusion.
- develop novel real-time 3D scene reconstruction techniques and work on accurate visual odometry systems.
- become a core member of our product development team and boost the development of our product.
- share and execute our product vision and roadmap to contribute to our success together.
- report to both product management and/or directly to the CTO.
Part of your job is also to present our novel work in conferences and design, write, and file patents.
What you can expect
A challenging, highly dynamic, and motivating international startup like work environment awaits you at Terranet. We empower you in your career journey by providing a platform to participate and publish your work in various conferences and technical events. At Terranet, we value respect, empathy, and open-mindedness. We offer a team-oriented work culture with a lot of creative freedom to develop ideas and realize them.
What are you waiting for?
Join us in shaping the future of mobility and road safety. Tell us who you are and let us know why you want to join by sending us your CV, Cover Letter and LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org today! Mark your application with the Ad ID: BVSLAI-SL-2307A.