Senior Engineering Lead
Ad ID: BVSEEL-L-2249A
February 3rd, 2023
Location: Lund (Sweden)
Terranet is looking for a Senior Engineering Lead who will manage our software and hardware development activities. You will lead the design, development, and testing activities of our product BlincVision, including both hardware and software development.
Terranet’s mission is to make urban traffic safer and save lives of vulnerable road users. We would like you to join our journey to fulfill this mission.
Terranet is developing a next-generation advanced driver assistance system based on scanning lasers and event cameras connected to a powerful compute unit and cutting edge AI-based object perception software. Our unique invention is ten times faster than any other collision detection system on the market today. We recently started the implementation of our product prototype which will be ready for road testing during 2023. We are located in Lund (Sweden) and Stuttgart (Germany). The company is listed on Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market since 2017.
In your role as an Engineering Lead you will work on some of the toughest technical challenges in the automotive and mobility domain. You will be working on the entire spectrum of product development, starting from conceptualization, modeling, and simulation, to prototyping and laboratory testing, as well as product integration that meets automotive requirements. Thriving in this environment requires dedication and passion for finding creative solutions to technical challenges and an aptitude for teamwork. You will report directly to the company’s CTO.
Does this sound like you? Then we can offer you career opportunities in a modern, creative, innovative workplace with challenging tasks. We hope that you will learn as much from us as we will from you.
Your Background and Experience
• You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electronics, computer science, physics, engineering, or a related technical discipline
• You have at least 5 (ideally 10+) years’ work experience, in particular leading a software or hardware development team
• You show solid project management skills and are experienced in managing multiple projects at the same time
• You have ideally worked for multiple years in the automotive or consumer electronics industry with a strong focus on software development
• You demonstrate an extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice
• You are familiar with modern agile development concepts and have learned to apply its tools in practice, e.g., using the SCRUM methodology
• Ideally you have good knowledge of optical components, laser modules, imaging sensors, and microelectronics in general
• Hands-on experience in product design, product development, product testing, product requirements as HW/SW standards, and industry standards and policies.
• You have a hands-on mentality and are action-oriented rather than process-oriented, your are practical rather than theoretical
• You are analytical and it’s easy for you to understand complex systems and product designs
• You have strong communication and active listening skills. You share your thoughts and ideas clearly with the team. You inspire and motivate individual team members.
• You manage a local engineering and product development team of roughly ten people on a daily basis. Since a very close and intensive work with our development team is essential, your daily presence in the Lund office is required.
• You actively participate in the recruitment process. Our plan is to expand the team further in early 2023.
• You manage development projects from beginning to the end by setting milestones and ensuring the team meets set deadlines.
• You plan, direct, and coordinate all development tasks in both hardware and software.
• You manage and execute an agile development and engineering process (spring planning, reviews, grooming, retrospectives, etc.).
• You coordinate internal resources and 3rd parties (suppliers, partners) for the flawless execution of the product development process.
• You review proposals, supervise resources and control budget, costs, and time plans.
• You assign tasks to engineers and developers, oversee tasks and timelines.
• You ensure each engineer or developer meets their individual goals and objectives.
• You support the work in different areas of HW and SW development and testing.
• You report development performance and status directly to the CTO on a regular basis.
What you can expect
A challenging, highly dynamic, and motivating startup like work environment awaits you at Terranet. We empower you in your career journey by providing a platform to participate and publish your work in various conferences and technical events. At Terranet, we value respect, empathy, and open-mindedness. We offer a team-oriented work culture with a lot of creative freedom to develop ideas and realize them.
What are you waiting for?
Join us in shaping the future of mobility and road safety. Tell us who you are and let us know why you want to join by sending us your CV, Cover Letter and LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org today! Mark your application with the Ad ID: BVSEEL-L-2249A.