Senior Optical Engineer
- Lund (Sweden)
- Stuttgart (Germany)
About the job
Terranet is seeking innovative Senior Optical Engineers to join our team to help designing, developing, and testing optical components and subsystems of our next generation ultra-low latency automotive vision sensors. This will help save lives of vulnerable road users and make our roads safer.
From our offices in Lund (Sweden) and Stuttgart (Germany), Terranet is developing a next-generation ADAS system based on scanning lasers and event cameras coupled with a powerful compute platform and cutting edge AI software.
In your role as a Senior Optical Engineer (m/f/d) at Terranet you will work on some of the toughest technical challenges in the automotive and mobility domain. You will be contributing to the lowest level of our system where we are directly battling with the limits of physics. You will be working on the entire spectrum of product development, starting from conceptualization, modeling and simulation, to prototyping and laboratory testing. Thriving in this environment requires a passion for finding creative solutions to technical challenges and an aptitude for teamwork.
Does this sound like you? Then we can offer you career opportunities in a modern, creative, innovative workplace with challenging tasks. We hope that you will learn as much from us as we will from you.
- You have a bachelors, masters degree, or PhD in optics, physics, engineering or a related technical discipline
- You have worked for multiple years in the automotive or consumer electronics industry
- Profound knowledge of optical elements like lenses, lasers, mirrors, vision sensors and scanners
- Solid skills in optical design/analysis tools and test equipments for laser beam measurements and profiling
- Hands-on experience in optical module design, including cameras and sensors
- Experience with design of alignment strategies for laser systems (hands-on laser system alignment experience is preferred).
- Expertise in optical design, tolerancing and analysis software (e.g., Zemax)
- Familiarity with non-sequential optical analysis software (e.g., FRED)
What we are looking for
- You demonstrate an extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice
- You define functional, performance, interface, derived, etc. system engineering requirements, including environmental requirements definition and flow down to subsystems
- You coordinate with Opto-mechanical engineer to develop mounted solutions for optical systems
- You enjoy working in a multidisciplinary team environment with a broad spectrum of responsibilities
You have the ability to work both independently and in highly collaborative startup environment
What you can expect
A challenging, highly dynamic, and motivating startup like work environment awaits you at Terranet.
We offer flexible working hours with 30 vacation days per year.
We empower you in your career journey by providing a platform to participate and publish your work in various conferences and technical events.
At Terranet, we value respect, empathy, and open-mindedness. We offer a team-oriented work culture with a lot of creative freedom to develop ideas and realize them.
What are you waiting for?
Join us in shaping the future of mobility and road safety. Tell us who you are and let us know why you want to join by sending us your CV, Cover Letter and LinkedIn profile to email@example.com today!